Sunday, March 12, 2006

THE POWER OF MOTHERHOOD

There is a very strong force in the World, capable of making women see things, do things, and experience things in a whole new level. It gives our lives a whole new meaning and direction, and always puts things in the right perspective. Motherhood is such a profound and amazing thing to experience! At least for me, everyday that I am a mother makes me wake up to want to give the best of me. Everyday with my son fills my spaces with joy, and makes me discover new things as he embarks on his journeys and discoveries with every little thing that he encounters. Every second of his existence is an amazing new thing for him, and I can see those things through his eyes and rejoice. As he learns, he teaches me more than he can ever imagine about truth, love, beauty, and life. How amazing are the eyes of a child! They see deep without knowing it, and they are the ones who can look and see deeper into us than anyone else. You can get lost in their eyes and find new and better places within yourself. I can be looking into my son’s eyes forever without getting tired, and there, I not only see a reflection of a better me within himself, I see the goodness in the world and everything that everything should be. There is such purity, ingenuity, determination, vulnerability, hope, strength, peace, and completeness in his eyes, that by only looking at them I feel energized and hopeful about the future. If only all of us could see things through the eyes of a child!

1 comment:

Myrna Concepcion said...

Los ojos de un niño es lo más puro que existe. Son el espejo del alma. Que hermosura!!! Su personalidad se refleja en la mirada. No hay mentiras, no hay trampas, nada oculto, todo es verdad. Son un remanso de paz, un aliento, una esperanza. Pero a través de ellos también podemos descubrir la crueldad del mundo: la pobreza, la desnutrición, la drogadicción, el abuso. Que tristeza observar esos ojos. Que injusto es borrar la inocencia de la mirada de un niño. Marchitar el estado de su alma limpia. No permitamos que la mirada de un niño jamás se marchite.