Friday, March 17, 2006

BEING NAKED

Note: This article does not come with a naked picture of myself, if you are wondering.

Some time ago I decided to start my blog, and in it I write whatever is in my head or in my heart at the moment. Some people might find strange that I could be so exposed and be OK with it, and the truth is that by writing and publishing it I am able to recharge and gain a clearer perspective. Reading someone else’s comments on what I write makes me see other points of view and gain different and new perspectives.

Most people are not comfortable being naked in public, and sometimes even in front of loved ones. Writing for me is to get naked, not only in front of those who I love and who love me, but really in front of anyone who wants to watch, or read. I have never been and will never be ashamed or embarrassed or afraid to undress my heart and my soul. I can say that I have savored every second of my life with intensity so far, and I am planning on keeping doing that for the years I have left on this earth. I find the ability to express my feelings and emotions openly and intensively rejuvenating, liberating, validating. I would not want to regret that I did not dare to love and/or to show it, to have said words I did not mean, to have not expressed what I felt, and to not have followed my dreams.

I walk in life naked and exposed. Those who do not want to see me naked can just look away. Everyone else should try it. Never be afraid to undress and get naked in front of others or by and for yourself. If you cannot stand to see your own reflection totally exposed, without armors or shields, then others will not appreciate your soul. If fear stops you from getting naked, get rid of it and start showing what you are made of.

No comments: