Tuesday, March 21, 2006

LETTING GO


Today I will relax and let go of the things I cannot control. Every once in a while I have to come to the realization that there are things that I cannot predict and I cannot change, so instead of fighting, today I will be grateful for the experience and move on. Maybe now I cannot see the benefit of some things that have happened or are happening in my life, or how things have developed even when I have put in my best effort, lots of energy and time to make them work. Maybe now I am too busy being frustrated by the immediate outcome, that I am failing to see the greater good that will come out of those less than perfect events. I will have the satisfaction of knowing that I was never mediocre in my pursues, that as usual, I invested all my passion and self into doing and feeling, and I have to realize that it is time to sit back and see the greater picture. It is time to wait for the harvest, calmed and hopeful, with the faith that the results will be even greater than I ever anticipated. There are a lot of things I cannot control, but I can be in control of myself. Energy produces a chain reaction that does not stop even when we cannot see that reaction in action right away. I will benefit from the energy that I have invested when it comes back to me in a greater and stronger form. For now, though, I will just rest and let nature take its course.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Estoy de acuerdo en que la sociedad requiere mas de nosotras las mujeres que de los hombres. Los hombres pueden ser padres mediocres o abandonar a sus hijos, pero nos queman en la hoguera a nosotras si a nuestros hijos les ocurre siquiera un rasguño. Los hombres pueden descansar en la noche, y nosotras no podemos ni dormir tranquilas pensando en nuestros hijos y en los demás. Pero tenemos que ser valientes y aplicar la regla del 80/20 para nuestra vida: 80% para nuestros hijos, maridos, trabajo, padres, hermanos, amigos, y el 20% para nosotras exclusivamente. Al cuerno la casa si está regada algunas veces, está bien si los niños comen McDonnald's una que otra vez, está bien si desconectamos el teléfono y no contestamos las llamadas. El mundo continúa con o sin nosotras, así que de vez en cuando debemos pausar y retirarnos para dejar que las cosas sigan el curso que ya hemos trazado.