Thursday, June 01, 2006

Our Best Company

We should feel that we are good company to ourselves. It is normal human nature to feel the need to gather with others, to have physical proximity with other people, and to enjoy the company of other beings, however, we should enjoy being with ourselves. When we learn to value our own self and treasure each moment we have to nurture our spirit, hear our own voice, and feel comfortable just being, others will appreciate the wholeness of our company to them.

I love to indulge myself. I do not need much to pamper myself, though. I like to involve my senses in the things I do, and much of the everyday little things I do give me pleasure. I derive joy in cooking, doing the dishes, reading a good book, listening to music, dancing in the kitchen, singing in the shower, feeding the ducks at the lake, writing my thoughts, and almost everything I engage myself into. Many times I am by myself, and always with myself. I can have the most meaningful conversations with my soul, listen my heart, and be content in knowing that my deepest self shines of happiness through my eyes. Often times I prepare a delicious meal for myself, serve it on my best china, drink from my pretty glass, and savor every moment of that experience with myself at the table. All that happens while I keep myself good company.

One can be without company, however, the most important thing is to feel as though we are never alone. All the components of our best self are with us to enjoy, to give us warmth, teach us, comfort us, enlighten us, and reassure us that we are great to be with. When we come to that realization, the world will know, and others will follow.

No comments: