Tuesday, May 30, 2006

GRAVE ERROR


If I should say this myself, I love this poem! I remember when I wrote it and why. It is very simple, it does not need any further explanation...

A friend once shared this with me: "sex is like tennis: when it's good, it's awsome, and when it's bad, it's still pretty good". I do not know who originally wrote or said that, so I cannot give it the proper credit, but what I have to say is that sex is better when there are other elements present that make it meaningul, at least for me. There is a lot of exchange in sex, so when it is done it should have soul, mind, heart, and flesh. However, when all those things are not present, there's this:

Quise borrar tu huella,
aquella pisada que dejaste al andar por mi arena
creyendo que no era permanente
y que se borraría de mí igualmente
que del barco que cruza veloz, la estela.

Creí que tu amor se marcharía
completamente de mí, si permitía
a otra barca habitar mi playa…
ésa que tú dejaste desolada.

Quise librarme de tu sombra,
deshacerme del destello que te nombra;
acallar el murmullo de tu estruendoso recuerdo
que cual llama a la vela me derrite los huesos.

Dejé que mi cuerpo navegara,
que otro mar en mí se desbocara,
pero sólo naufragué loca y sin sentido
cual nave viajera que perdió su destino.

Y en medio de la nada, recobrado el sentido
descubro lo tonta de la odisea que he vivido.
ahora no soy más que gaviota perdida
con las alas rotas y en el pecho una herida,
tratando de olvidar que alguna vez volé
buscando otro destino, pero tan sólo encontré
perdición y ruinas que jamás reconstruiré.


Like tennis: still pretty good because it led to a beautiful poem that now reminds me of how good poetry is to express even the most harsh of feelings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Suzette and I'm from Ponce, Puerto Rico. I just found your blog space by accident and I like it a lot. I have one of mysefl if you want to visit it, I'll be glad. www.poesiaypasiones.blogspot.com

Cordially,
Suzette