Saturday, May 20, 2006

Life Through the Eyes of a Cat

I find the way cats live their lives fascinating! I have a cat named Nicky, and she never ceases to amuse me. Her curiosity for life sparks her interest for things every time, no matter how many times she has seen those things before. Nicky, and cats in general, are always seeking newness in old and familiar things, and they always get amazed and amused by those things. Today Nicky was trying to open a door that she has opened many times before, and when she finally did, she went inside and explored what was in as though she had never seen any of that stuff before. Her attention focuses on the details of the things that she sees, and her paws follow the path of her eyes. Everything is so new and exciting for her, each time, every time!

I want to see life with cat eyes. I want to be amazed by everything everyday, as though I had never seen those things in my life. I want to explore the world with interest and curiosity, and never cease to do it regardless of how many times I have seen everything. I want to feel the wholeness of life, be interested in everything that is in it, and be excited about the new as I learn from it, and the old as I find new meaning to it. I will also keep watching Nicky in her discoveries and be amazed by her ingenuity, curiosity, and excitement for life.

4 comments:

Ava said...

Cats do get amused by the strangest things!!! They do seem to look at the world through they eye of "fun", don't they?

As children we touch touch everything that we see as we are learning. We should continue to do that as adults. It's stimulating to the senses and our imaginations. Why should we have to lose those things just because we're "all grown up" now? When's the last time we stuck a metal can to our tongue and tasted the metal? I remember that taste ...

Ava

amelche said...

It's true, cats are always exploring the same rooms or new ones with curiosity and they are very funny when they do that. I laugh a lot observing my cat and his face and movements.

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»