Tuesday, May 16, 2006

ADDING YEARS

My birthday is approaching soon, and I have had a few persons asking me what do I want for my birthday already. Already? Wow, talk about reminders that a new “age” is right around the corner. Do not get me wrong, I love my birthday, and birthdays in general. For me, my birthday was the beginning of something completely amazing and wonderful as it is my life on this earth (up for debate if I started living when I was born or before, or if this is my first life on this earth, or if I have had more lives in other “earths”). Anyway, for me my birthday is the biggest celebration of the year, since it commemorates when I first took a breath of air and my existence here began. I love to announce my birthday, celebrate it, and share it with all who are interested (and with a few that might not care too much). For some reason, birthdays are a time to reflect, and get a excited or shocked (or both) at how fast time goes by.

Many years ago I read that the most important thing is not to add years to our lives, but life to our years, and I have held on to that thought. As I grow older, and hopefully wiser, I want to think that I also grow calmer, more interesting and interested in the things that really matter, and truly involved in the world. I want to think that I am becoming more and more the true essence of what moves me as a human being, and that my enthusiasm and passion for life can touch and inspire, and hopefully transform myself and others.

I certainly do not know how many more birthdays I have yet to celebrate. I will, though, celebrate this one as though it was the last one in store for me. I will laugh, be merry, and let my happiness take over all things that pertain to me and all those who I care about. I will let the light in me shine through me to become more powerful and radiant. I will allow myself to look at myself with contentment, satisfaction, and pride at how good things have turned out. I will be grateful for another birthday, for the beginning of a new era in my life, for the life that I celebrate on this special day and always, and for what I am becoming. All those things are worth celebrating on every 8th of July, and everyday.

5 comments:

amelche said...

8th of July is your birthday? I'll write down that date.

Ava said...

Well, I hope you have a happy birthday and a great celebration!!

Dance for me too!!!

Ava

Elizabeth McClung said...

Have a great birthday - Usually I try to run away to the mountains to start my life as the eccentric woman of the hills who parents threaten thier children at night with - but your plan of living the day to the fullest might be better.

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»