Friday, June 30, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME


My birthday is approaching soon, next week as a matter of fact. The time around my birthday always fills me up with excitement and a feeling of celebration. I announce it to the world and annoy everyone I know as I make a big deal out of it, making it a public event of large proportions. Birthdays are very special occasions, indeed. They mark an important event: our first appearance to the world as we know it in this lifetime. Being born is a privilege, a blessing. We get to love, laugh, cry, learn, make mistakes, fall, get up, and strive to reach maturity by developing into our best selves. I hope people around me have found my existence to be valuable and meaningful to them in some way. I know my life has been full of blessings, great memories, which combined with the not so great ones have turned me into the individual I am today. I am still a work in progress, no doubt, but I am moving forward and evolving.

I always say that I feel 15 at heart. My soul feels very young and new, full of lots of things to give and eager to learn. Sometimes I cannot believe that it has been that long since I took my first breath in Florida when I was born. Certainly time has gone by, fast and slow, and I have lived a very exciting and fulfilling life. I am looking forward to the new year in my calendar and for many birthdays to come, but most of all, I am looking forward to make this very moment the most important one of them all; soaking up in life and admiring how far I have come.

As for what I want for my birthday, I would love to spend it loving, pampering, indulging, honoring, caring for, and celebrating the most important person in my life: me. I will probably write and reflect about my life the way people do it on New Year’s Eve, and project towards the future but focusing in the present. I would love to emerge a better me to give to myself and to the ones I love, on my special day and everyday.


Happy birthday to me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY (EARLY) BIRTHDAY!!!

You're right - it's a great time to reflect on the last year, accept what's happened and turn your focus on goals you want to achieve in the next year :)

I'm gonna have a piece of cake for you, I think. Any reason to have cake is good by me. AND it means your birthday will be celebrated in both hemispheres!!

Sandra Ruttan said...

Hey, happy birthday! It's a great time to check off the achievements and celebrate your accomplishments, and think about what you want to celebrate next year.

Or just eat cake.

Ava said...

Happy birthday to you! And may you always stay young at heart!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks to all. A new year! Thanks for celebrating with me.

amelche said...

Happy birthday in advance!

Ava said...

I'm going to be 40 in January!!!! Life got "fun" for me when I turned 38. That's when I got so involved with music and friends.

Hope you had a happy birthday and it turns out to be the best year yet!