Thursday, August 10, 2006

WHO CAME FIRST?

I never try to impose my beliefs on people, and this writing is not the exemption to that. Believe in what you will, and read at your own risk…

So, some religious creeds explain that women were created from men (Adam and Eve). We all have heard it. Science does not support that at all, however, the world, society, organizations, and households are controlled by men, and there is the lingering notion that for some strange reason women should follow men because we were created to cater to them. I am not against men, have never and never will, but I think that men and women relationships should be based on balance and harmony between the two sexes, and not disequilibrium. I heard something recently that sparked my thought. The comment is not important to re-mention, but it relates to how women were created from men.

In reality and scientifically speaking, all human embryos start female. The mix of female and male gametes carries the chromosomes that will determine many of our physical traits and genetics, including sex. In the case of females the chromosomal composition is XX. In the case of males the chromosomes that determine the sex will be XY. So scientifically speaking, men not only are half females, but emerge male after being female for a brief time. So, back to the theory that women came from men: not only women are the ones with the exclusive ability to give birth (so in reality all humans come from a woman), men are partially women. So however we came to be (believe what you will, but know the facts), we have to be cognoscente that we owe women a lot, and denying women their important place is against our nature. Men who have a problem of any kind with women should refresh their biology knowledge or acquire some, and realize that men were created from women and not otherwise. If everybody knew this important fact, maybe women would be ruling the world, and not otherwise. We are on our way, though!

4 comments:

amelche said...

You are right!

Anonymous said...

You might appreciate this. I was giving a girl I like a lift home on Sunday, so as we walk up to my car I move around to the passengers side, unlock the door and hold it open for her.

Girl: How nice! Thankyou :)
Me: You're welcome. You see, keyless entry killed chivalry.
Girl: I thought that was feminism.
Me: No, definetly keyless entry.

Anyway, for young, idealistic me, stereotypical gender roles mean nothing. I just want to be me - and look for someone to share my life with who is quite happy to just be herself. Two equals - in partnership.

Unknown said...

And that's what you should have, and what you deserve. Nobody should settle for less, unless they are happy with whatever works for them.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »