Thursday, August 03, 2006

WASHING DISHES

For some strange reason, I enjoy washing the dishes by hand. I own a dishwasher, but hardly ever use it. I find doing the dishes by hand therapeutic. I do not know if it is the sound of the water running, or feeling the lather in my hands, or maybe having permission to “play” with water for a few minutes, or how good the ions from the water released in the air make me feel, but I find washing dishes soothing. I look out my window while I am doing it and think, reflect, daydream, introspect, retrospect, and somehow I end up in a better mood.

Today I need to wash a lot of dishes…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to hate washing dishes but have a huge sink in my new house and a huge window to look out of and it's just not a chore. Takes a few minutes and I'm done. Sigh. So happy.

Anonymous said...

I can always mail my dishes over to you if you don't have enough....

Oh well, worth a try :P We all need something therapeutic like that though. For me it's driving and talking to myself in the process. I absolutely refuse to be part of any carpooling programs the uni puts together (even though I know it's a good idea) because I value that time to myself too much

Sandra Ruttan said...

It can be nice if you have a good window to look out.