Tuesday, August 01, 2006

REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES

I do not understand the American obsession with getting rid of all curves from the female body. It seems like the new definition of beauty is having 0% body fat, no butt, no hips, no calves, no stomach, just bones coated with flesh with nothing in between. The only things that women have permission to have big are big boobs and plump lips. When did this start, and who said that bones are beautiful?

I am glad that I come from a place in which curves are appreciated. Actually, for the Puerto Rican standards I am too skinny, and people never cease to tell me to gain some weight and to try to feed me so I get curvier when I go home. Here in the United States, though, people ask me all the time what do I do to be so skinny, and they celebrate that I am petite, little, and thin.


I hear my friends talking about how they try to get rid of the “extra” fat on their fatty hips, their protrude stomachs, their fat calves, or their big butts (I have hardly ever noticed those big butts or big anythings they claim to have), and in my eyes they are just perfect and they have beautiful bodies, however, everybody wants to be a size 2 or below. Actually, it is my thought that women want to be size below cero, so soon they will be aiming to be a size -3, and clothes manufacturers will start to make below cero clothes for them. As Howie Mandel once said in a show, women want to be asked “what size are you” and respond “oh, I’m not!”.

Like the movie, real women have curves, I think one of the main attributes that characterize us as women is our curvy figures. The female body was designed to have curves and we should feel proud of and beautiful with our curvy bodies.

2 comments:

Ava said...

I just want my boobs to stick out further than my stomach!!!! That's my goal!!!

Unknown said...

I just want BOOBS, period!