Sunday, December 31, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

And once again a year is “all gone”. Time flew and today is the last day of this time lapse we call year. Another cycle of 365 days and nights, mornings and afternoons, sunsrises and sundowns is finished today only to start a new one. There is a feeling of anticipation for the new, hope for the future for some, relief for the closing of another year for others, while our sights focus on the upcoming year soon to be among us. Although the new year may seem as a new road for us to walk on, a new place for us to be, we really have plenty of opportunities to renew and start again: we have new days everyday of our lives.

A lot of individuals make new year’s resolutions and I used to be one. I don’t do that anymore. I rather not wait until the new year to promise myself I will do a million things that will probably never get accomplished. I rather live day by day and strive to ride on the road to myself the best way I can. In the new year I want to make each day count, be closer to becoming my best, and be true to my calling. I intend to treat each day of the year as a new day full of possibilities and new beginnings. I want to make each night a new year’s eve and a new day a new and fresh start, a new day available for me to do and to be. I only promise to love more and to show it more, everyday, for myself and those whose lives have merged with mine coincidentally through my walks. I want to spark fireworks in my heart each night as I count my blessings and wake up exhilarated and happy about the beginning of a new day, everyday. I want to dance more, sing more, eat more, kiss more, hug more, laugh more, breathe more, and learn from all things. I want to eat in my “special china” more days out of the year, dress up to celebrate each day, and spread the joy.

Happy New Year!

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

Nuevamente nos acercamos al final de un año. El tiempo voló y hoy celebramos el final de un lapso de tiempo al cual llamamos año. Culminó otro ciclo de 365 días y nohes, mañanas y tardes, amaneceres y anocheceres, y comenzará uno nuevo. Existe en el aire un sentimiento de anticipación por lo nuevo, para algunos simbolizado por la esperanza y para otros el alivio de que cierra este año. Lo cierto es que tenemos muchas oportunidades para renovarnos y recomenzar todos los días del año.

Muchos inidviduos escriben sus resoluciones de año nuevo; cosas que tal vez nunca realizarán. Yo solía hacer una lista de resoluciones pero vivir cada día tratando de maximizar en esa única oportunidad para llegar a mí misma de la mejor manera posible. Cada día quiero verlo como uno lleno de posibilidades para nuevos comienzos. Quiero ver cada día como uno de renovación y hacer de cada noche una despedida de año. Quiero amar más, a mí misma y a los seres que son parte de mí. Quiero que mi corazón estalle en luminarias cada noche y despertar alegre con cada nuevo día. Quiero bailar más, cantar más, comer más, besar más, abrazar más, reír más, respirar más y aprender más de todas las cosas. Quiero comer en mi vajilla especial más días del año, vestirme de fiesta para celebrar cada día y compartir mi alegría con todos.

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

11 comments:

amelche said...

¡Qué razón tienes!

Jack Bronson said...

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO MORENAZA... QUE TUS CAMINOS LLEGUEN A FELIZ PUERTO Y QUE CONSIGAS TODO LO QUE DESEES CONSEGUIR EN LOS PRÓXIMOS 365 DÍAS QUE SE DISPARARÁN EN UNA CONSTELACIÓN DE ALEGRES LUCES, EN UN PAR DE HORAS MÁS...

SALUDOS DEL KILTRO...

Anonymous said...

Felicidades amiga por este nuevo comienzo de año, entiendo que como bien hablas de resoluciones en mi caso estas quedan atras. Lo que haré será seguir mi instinto femenino para alcanzar la cima en este año, dificil! pero no imposible.

Seoman said...

Feliz año nuevo y que todo te salga bonito. Abrazos

Meigo, aprendiz de Druida said...

Empiezo el años descubriendo algo bonito,
Enhorabuena por tu blog.
Besos y rosas para ti

Jennifer said...

I wish I was better at making fresh starts at anytime through out the year! I do want to be more flexible, but stay the general course as well. Looks like you have a great philosophy.

Jennifer said...

I wish I was better at making fresh starts at anytime through out the year! I do want to be more flexible, but stay the general course as well. Looks like you have a great philosophy.

Unknown said...

It is more refreshing and empowering to think about life as lots of opportunities than about a train that, if you missed it, you are lost forever. Te quedan 363 días de este año para hacer tantas cosas, y muchos días más de los venideros, pero sobre todo, tienes el día de hoy. Aprovéchalo y aprovecha los que vienen.

Alvaro said...

Feliz 2007 para ti tambien, que se cumplan cuantos más de tus deseos mejor, y gracias por tu visita a nuestro blog.

Saludos desde el agua

Anonymous said...

Un abrazo desde Miami

Karlos said...

The most important issue is enjoying everyday. Long range plans almost never are accomplished. So try to feel glad at any time by doing what you would like, by being yourself. I wish you a Happy New Year and all the best to you and your family.

Lo más importante es disfrutar cada día. Los planes a largo plazo casi nunca se cumplen. Por tanto, intenta sentirte bien a cada momento, haciendo lo que te gustaría, siendo tú misma. Te deso un Feliz Año Nuevo y todo lo mejor para tí y tu familia.